I hope this note finds you well and that you’re enjoying this lovely summer. I’m writing this newsletter over a yummy banana and strawberry smoothie, which gave me the inspiration for this newsletter: My favorite thing about living in California in the Summer is the fruit: peaches, plums, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. And berries are crazy good for you.
Here’s are a few reasons to indulge in Summer berries:
1. Berries are a guilt free snack.
2. They can be used in salads or smoothies.
3. They will help keep you cool. (and are also yummy slightly frozen).
4. High in antioxidants: ‘The American Institute for Cancer Research states, “We now know that blueberries are one of the best sources of antioxidants, substances that can slow the aging process and reduce cell damage that can lead to cancer….. Strawberries are high in antioxidant phytonutrients known as phenols. Phenols are responsible for protecting the heart from disease, reducing risks of cancer, and acting as an overall anti-inflammatory fruit.”‘ (globalhealingcenter.com)
5. Blackberries are high in vitamin C and something called Ellagic acid, which protects skin cells from UV rays. (Care2.com)
6. Because berries taste amazing this time of year, they are a perfect dessert on their own or with whipped cream.
Spread the word.
“The earth would die if the sun stopped kissing her” ~Hafiz
“Lets get loose with compassion. Lets drown in the delicious Ambience of love” ~Hafiz
Go celebrate the earth’s gifts and eat yummy organic berries from your local farmer’s market. Enjoy!
Love and Light,